The Ethoscope Platform is a collection of interconnected tools allowing biologists to design experiments,
acquire and analyse large amounts of behavioural data.
It features :
- A completely free and open-source set of tools -- software was built on top of
python. Ethoscopes are made of raspberry pis along with custom 3d printed parts.
- Real time video tracking -- this allows experimenters to individually deliver stimuli according to the behaviour of the animals.
- A modern web-interface to control multiple devices effectively.
- High-throughput detailed post-hock analysis -- thanks to the
R package rethomics.
- A modular design -- it is straightforward to modify both devices and software and create new experimental paradigms.
- A high scalability -- multiple, inexpensive, ethoscopes can run in parallel on the same platform
The aim of this website is to describe the platform, explain how it can be set-up and develop a community of users.